1. Definition of “Tong Xiang”
This association recognizes “Tong Xiang” as those who, through the living experience in Taiwan and subsequently derived connection with one another as a basis, without regard to provincial origin, only that they were born, resided, educated, or worked in Taiwan, or depended upon a fellow citizen of Taiwan, are all equally deemed as “Tong Xiang”.
2. Origin of the Establishment of the Association
Historically, the multitudes which came to the U.S. from Taiwan formed, among the various societal ethnic groups, a specially appointed branch, which has the same ancestral origin and cultural background, possesses relatively high average education and career, and in particular maintains the highest quality of personal integrity. Regrettably, maintaining superior qualifications and characteristics was not reflected accordingly on its political and social status quo in the U.S., and incidents of contempt or discrimination against this group were reported at times. The cause was the reality that until now, there has been a lack of powerful civil organization for the ethnic group to safeguard their due rights by banding them together to unleash the influence of the group as a whole.
This organization was organized in Los Angeles. as a nonprofit organization, headquartered in Los Angeles, California.
- This organization is a nonprofit organization.
- This organization serves an ethnic group in Greater Los Angeles, California in the U.S. and has chosen to focus on striving for the benefits of Taiwanese “Tong Xiang” in the U.S. by using the superior qualities of this generation to consolidate as early as possible our social status so that those “Tong Xiang” may establish a reasonable position it deserves and also progress healthily in the ethnically diverse and highly competitive society in the U.S.
- This ethnic-group organization cares deeply about the homeland of Taiwan but does not get involved with the local politics of the homeland.
- This organization advocates peace and harmony which supersedes executive differentiation in provincial origin in order to pursue mutual promotion, solidify the power of the group, and forge a future together.
4. Direction of Activities
- Strengthen ties with the United States governmental, academic/scientific, economic, and media communities to build an advantageous position for Taiwanese “Tong Xiang” in America.
- Services to promote increased understanding of laws, medical knowledge, entrepreneurship, education, family life, and healthy entertainment as well as activities to foster networking.
5. How You Can Contribute
- Join as a member to increase our organization’s bargaining power.
- Publicize in the US the excellent quality and outstanding contributions of the Taiwanese “Tong Xiang”.
- Contribute services, networking events, or ideas within your own abilities and means.
- Donate to the organization so that we can provide more services and expand.